MT-RJ Adapter are developed to couple and mate two duplex MTRJ connector plugs. (Each single MTRJ connector is actually duplex, containing two fibers.)
Instead of alignment sleeves in the adapter, MTRJ connectors are designed to use alignment pins. There are two holes visible in the face of the connector. Contrary to first impressions, these are not for the light signals, but are to accept the alignment pins. When using a MTRJ-MTRJ adapter, it is necessary to insert two alignment pins in (only) one of the connectors. These pins will mate with the holes in the MTRJ connector inserted from the other side of the adapter, ensuring proper alignment of the two (almost invisible) fibers.
The MT-RJ SC footprint adapter occupies approximately the same space as a simplex SC adapter.
OMC Adapters design, material and manufacturing process assure long life and high repeatability of optical performances even for different brand connectors mating.
- Plug-jack (SC footprint) design
- Precision connection with sleeve
- SM and MM connector can be used interchangeably
- Low insertion loss, High Return loss
- Good interchangeability and reliability
- Meet IEC and ROHS standards
- High precision of mechanical dimensions Accuracy