Covered optical cables are mostly single-core and double-core structures, and can also be made into four-core structures. The cross-section is in the shape of a figure eight. The reinforcement is located at the center of the two circles. Metal or non-metallic structures can be used. The optical fiber is located in the geometric center of the figure eight. . G.657 small bending radius optical fiber is used for the optical fiber in the sheathed optical cable, which can be laid with a bending radius of 20mm, which is suitable for entering the house in the building by way of pipes or bright lines.
Ordinary sheathed optical cable is a standard figure-8 structure; two parallel reinforced cores with optical fiber in the middle; self-supporting sheathed optical cable adds a thick steel wire suspension wire to the structure of ordinary sheathed optical cable; in general, self-supporting sheath The optical fiber cable is just one more steel wire, and the others remain unchanged;
The structure of each manufacturer of this type of optical cable is different. But it is generally not a metal reinforced core, take the butterfly-shaped sheathed optical cable as an example. The cross-section looks like a butterfly, so it is called. On both sides, there are stiffeners inside the leather wire, and optical fiber in the middle.
1. .Butterfly optical cables are divided into indoor and indoor (internal) and outdoor. The price difference between the two is large. The price of outdoor type is about twice the price of indoor type. The price factor should be considered when making specific design plans. In general, outdoor Ordinary fiber optic cable (GYTA-G652D) is still used, and indoor butterfly fiber optic cable is used indoors, and the two are transitioned through a fiber splitting box or a splice box.
2. The butterfly-shaped optical cable has a small radius of curvature, light weight, relatively good bending resistance, easy to fix, and easy to terminate in the 86 terminal box.
3. The butterfly-shaped home optical cable has two forms: non-metallic strengthening member and metal strengthening member. Taking into account the factors of lightning protection and strong electric interference, the butterfly-shaped optical cable with non-metallic strengthening member should be used indoors.
4. Indoor butterfly optical cables are available in specifications such as 1-core, 2-core, 3-core, 4-core, etc. Single-core cables should be used for residential users to access butterfly optical cables; for commercial users to access butterfly optical cables, press 2--4 Core cable design.
There are cold splicing and welding.
Cold splicing is to install the terminal by preparing the end face of the optical fiber and connect it with the flange head.
1. Special bending-resistant optical fiber provides greater bandwidth and enhances network transmission performance;
2. Two parallel FRP or metal reinforcements make the optical cable have good compression resistance and protect the optical fiber;
3. The optical cable has simple structure, light weight and strong practicability;
4. Unique groove design, easy to peel off, convenient to connect, simplify installation and maintenance;
5. Low-smoke halogen-free flame-retardant polyethylene sheath or flame-retardant PVC sheath, environmentally friendly.
6. It can be matched with a variety of on-site connectors and can be completed on-site.
Because of its softness and lightness, the drop cable is widely used in the access network; the scientific name of the drop cable: the butterfly-shaped lead-in cable for the access network; because its shape is butterfly-shaped; it is also called butterfly-shaped optical cable, Figure 8 optical cable.
For indoor wiring, end users directly use cables;
Used for building optical fiber cable;
It is used for indoor wiring of users in FTTH.